Thursday, February 3, 2011

Melting Mommy

New day, no signs of the stomach bug yet! Child from yesterday apparently stayed at school all day. Not cool.

But in other, better news, I was up for hours in the middle of the night with Baby Lion! Why, WHY?!? is that good news? Because when I went in to check on him at midnight, he woke and popped up his little, adorable, super-light-sleeping head. This isn't news, and it happens quite a bit. And I know full well to just lay him back down and slip silently out of the room so he'll go back to sleep. But last night he popped up and said "Ma. Ma." And I picked him up. Had to do it. Couldn't control myself. I knew he could utter the syllables, but he called me Mama! (This is a first, clearly.)

So we spent a good while snuggling in the dark, with me saying "You SAID it! YOU SAID IT!" Which, in hindsight, probably also did not promote his return to sleep. Oh, well. I'm a zombie today, but it was worth it.

No comments: