Monday, February 7, 2011

Good days.

I finally got to take my afternoon with Monkey last Friday. It's supposed to be on Mondays, but last week at work was sort of crazy and I had to rearrange it twice. But in the end, we had a GREAT day. We had lovely lunch with one of her friends and her Mom and brother. Monkey tried to get her friend to eat sushi (Monkey LOVES sushi), but that was not happening. Then we went to Home Goods to get her a trash can for her room - her request - and had such a fun time exploring the store and debating new potholders. I see many fun girl shopping trips in our future. We got her an adorable, neon pink trash can with a flip-up top on a foot lever. She loves it. Amazing how little things can be so important. We went home and played board games, snuggled, chatted, and just generally had a great time. It was a truly heart warming day, one that gives me a glimmer of hope that we're moving out of the terrible threes and into a kinder, gentler four. I've always said that each new age and stage is better than the last, but three and half has been the first exception to that.

Then, even though Daddy worked all weekend again, we still managed to eek out a pretty good weekend. Except that many, many people are RSVPing no to Lion's 1st birthday/baptism fete. I know we sent out invitations late, but I thought we'd at least managed to warn the key players. Apparently not. May have to reschedule, which would put it really close to Monkey's birthday party, since our church doesn't do baptisms over Lent. Ugh. I don't have it in me to do any more planning/special projects. I need an assistant - anyone interested?

No comments: