Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And the rest of the weekend...

I feel like we had a pretty chill weekend.  But when I list out what we actually did, it was pretty busy.  And that makes me proud, actually.  That we had lots of experiences without feeling hassled.  It's a lot of what I'm shooting for lately.  Aside from Princesses on Ice, our other big moment was Lion's first trip to the Emergency Room.  The kid is ridiculously physical, so I knew it was coming, but I sort of expected to get past his first birthday.  Nope. 

Sunday morning, in the midst of the usual slow getting moving, Hubbie put Lion up on the bed.  To keep him away from the panic button, which is his new target du jour.  Did you know our house had a panic button?  Neither did we.  We knew we had two buttons and a switch low on the wall that had never done anything.  But apparently when pushed in a certain order (that only Lion knows), they act as a panic button.  We learned this last week when Lion activated it.  Now THAT was exciting.  We had to turn it off at the fuse box, since it seems the alarm doesn't even have to be on for it to work.  Lovely.

So now every time he's in our room, Lion heads straight for the panic button.  And Hubbie, hoping to avoid a repeat, put him up on the bed.  Except Lion still headed for the panic button, by going head-first off the bed.  The goose-egg turned up quickly with a bleeding scratch to the forehead.  I was going to be calm about it (I swear!)" until I saw blood underneath his nose.  Petrified that something in his head was now bleeding out his nose, we went straight to the ER.  Freaking completely out.

They were lovely and helpful and quick (relatively).  And agreed that a nosebleed could have been a really bad sign.  Except in this case, it just meant he had also scratched himself under the nose.  So false alarm.  I know Hubbie thinks I overreact to these things, but I have NO qualms about a better-safe-than-sorry posture to medical care.  Period.  No questions asked.  And I don't feel stupid about it, I feel relieved.  And when Monkey and I did her gratefuls that night, she was grateful he was okay.  And I was, too.

No comments: